1. Shelter (v. 1): God is our hiding place . . . covering us with His good purposes.
2. Shadow (v. 1): God is over and beyond us— seeing more than we see and knowing more than we know. We can rest in His shadow.
3. Refuge (v. 2): He is a safe place for us of security; we climb into Him.
4. Fortress (v. 2): He is our defense whose promises cannot be inhibited.
5. Shield (v. 4): Resting in our God deflects the enemies of fear and doubt in times of trial.
6. Buckler (or, shield that completely engulfs) (v. 4): He is a defense on every side. He knows every
part of us and our lives—no aspect is beyond His reach.
7. Dwelling (v. 9): God’s protection is not fleeting; His protection serves for our continual habitation.
8. Rescuer (v. 14): He leads us off with Him, drawing us to Himself and rescuing us from being overcome by the world.
9. Protection (v. 14): In His protection, He carries us to an elevated place— by trusting in Him, our minds and hearts become inaccessible to the churning fears below.
. . . . Describes God as our shelter, shadow, refuge, fortress, shield, dwelling, rescuer and protection.
As believers, we have committed to Christ that our lives and times are in His hands; our dream is that our days might bring Him eternal glory.
The reality of God’s comfort and power to deliver us to eternal life is what gives us the spiritual deliverance from being dominated by pandemic in these days.
The promises of God – of life to come and of His divine purposes in this life – shade, shelter, and satisfy us.
When fears of the coronavirus and its impacts surround us, how much fierce is the security of an infinite God!
To glorify God by challenging every person to embrace their full rights and responsibilities as a full devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
To have and maintain an unshakable belief in the revolutionary power of God to change lives as revealed in His Holy Word.
To be authentic by refusing to wear masks or play games about our need for help, change and prayer.
To accept new life from Christ . . . celebrate it . . . and always be looking for opportunities to bring others into it.
To never cease living a life of gratitude, thanksgiving and adoration . . . unashamed of a radical love for God expressed in offering our lives in worship.
To open our lives to love Him and allow Him to love us . . . . . . with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength.
and powerful blended worship
3800 Locust Hill Road, Taylors, South Carolina 29687, United States
TELEPHONE # 864-895-1314
Copyright © 2021
DOUBLE SPRINGS BAPTIST CHURCH
All Rights Reserved